8. April 2011 02:48
recently announced that it will acquire five new 777 aircrafts that will cost around 1.3 billion.
The new Boeing 777 carriers will add up to the airline’s present fleet of 97 aircrafts. At present the gulf carrier possesses a total 25 Boeing 777 aircrafts.
The airline has been into a process of building a new airport that will accommodate around 50 million passengers per year, and is also planning to launch an initial public offering (IPO), next year.
7. April 2011 11:18
US Airways recently announced low fares starting from USD 257 for the flights that will operate between United States and Europe. The passengers can board flights from several departing destinations in United States to Frankfurt and Zurich.
The last date to book your air tickets is 11th April 2011, which is valid for the travel period that commences from 8th April 2011 and ends on 8th May 2011.
Sample of destinations and their fares has been mentioned below:
Terms and Conditions:
- From Baltimore/ Chicago/ New York/ San Francisco to Frankfurt at USD 257
- From Baltimore to Zurich at USD 292
- From Boston to Frankfurt at USD 289
- From Boston to Zurich at USD 271
- From Chicago to Zurich at USD 278
- From Fort Lauderdale/ Miami to Frankfurt at USD 276
- From Fort Lauderdale to Zurich at USD 274
- From New York to Zurich at USD 272
- From Philadelphia to Frankfurt at USD 266
- From Philadelphia to Zurich at USD 276
- From San Francisco to Zurich at USD 303
- Fares are subject to change without any prior notice
- A three day advance purchase is required
- No minimum stay is needed
- Maximum stay of 30 days is allowed
- Roundtrip travel is required
- Tickets are non-refundable
- Other conditions may apply.
7. April 2011 02:50
The British flagship merger carriers British Airways and Iberia recently announced signing of a new set of codeshare agreements for the Middle East and Latin American routes.
After the merger under the name of International Airlines Group, the two carriers have been codesharing their air flights over several routes. According to the new set of codeshare agreement, British Airways will codeshare over the Iberian flights from Madrid to Latin American cities such as San Jose and Panama City and from mid April to Havana.
Iberia will provide its flight code over the British Airways flights that operate between London and Middle East cities such as Abu Dhabi, Bahrain, Doha, Dubai, Kuwait and Muscat.
Besides this, Iberia will also operate codeshare on British Airways flights to Cape Town. However, both the airlines will share the codes on flights to Johannesburg.
5. April 2011 03:02
The UK flagship carrier BMI
and Oman Air recently signed flight codeshare agreement. According to the agreement passengers will now be able to book their air tickets from any of the BMI’s departure points such as Aberdeen, Edinburgh, Belfast and Manchester, via London Heathrow and travel through Oman Air flights to Muscat.
At present Oman Air has been operating its A330 aircraft over its London-Muscat route. The new aircraft offers both the business class seats and coach class seats to the passengers. The business class is equipped with fully flat beds with Wi-Fi/ mobile phone coverage facility throughout the carrier.
The daily flight departs from the London at 09.25pm and arrives in Oman at 08.40am the next day. After Oman Air, British Airways is another airline that operates non-stop flight service between London and Muscat. British Airways operates its B777 carrier that departs from London at 09.30am and arrives in Oman at 10.30pm.
5. April 2011 02:57
To promote its 100th route between Doha and Aleppo, Qatar Airways
recently launched a 48-hour “two tickets for the price of one” online campaign.
Beginning from 6th April 2011 until 7th April 2011 the passengers can buy airline tickets that will be valid for the travel period between 1st May 2011 and 10th June 2011. The round trip journey must be completed by 11th June 2011.
The offer is valid for the round trip coach class flights and is not valid for the flights that operate between Sao Paulo-Buenos Aires route. The offer also does not include the flights that serve Doha from Houston, New York and Washington.
Last month the airline introduced another offer where it will offer 100 pairs of free tickets to any destination to the passengers with a choice of destination. The offer is valid until 16th April 2011.
Apart from all this the airline is also offers frequent flyer loyalty program, “Privilege Club”, where the members earn 10,000 bonus Q-miles and a 25 percent special discount on award air tickets.
1. April 2011 11:47
The German national carrier, Lufthansa
recently announced that it will operate its A380 air flights daily over Frankfurt-Beijing route. The airline said that A380 aircraft will start operating on the present route from 10th April 2011.
The airline began its first A380 flight operations to Beijing in September 2010, where the air line flights used to operate on selected days in a week. After ensuring the stability and smooth handling of the air flights to Beijing the airline decided to increase its flight service over the Frankfurt-Beijing route.
The passengers can make reservations for the air plane tickets that start at USD 1159 R/t and will be valid for the travel period commencing from 10th April 2011. The A380 aircraft will depart daily from Frankfurt at 05.20pm and will arrive in Beijing at 08.30am the following day. The round trip flight will depart from Beijing at 10.30am and will arrive in Frankfurt at 02.40pm.
1. April 2011 11:03
recently announced low first class fares for air tickets from several US Cities to Asia.
Book your first class flights
by 31st August 2011 for the travel period that ends on 31st August 2011 and enjoy a comfortable journey in the privileged class.
Detail for destinations and their fares are mentioned below:
Terms & Conditions:
- From Los Angeles/ Seattle/ Portland/ Boston/ Philadelphia/ New York/ Washington to Hong Kong at USD 4801 R/t
- From Los Angeles/ Seattle/ Portland/ Boston/ San Francisco/ Philadelphia/ New York/ Washington to Seoul at USD 3849 R/t
- From Los Angeles to Beijing/ Shanghai at USD 3541 R/t
- From Seattle/ Portland/ San Francisco to Beijing/ Shanghai at USD 4201 R/t
- From Boston to Beijing/ Shanghai at USD 3441 R/t
- From Philadelphia/ Washington to Beijing/ Shanghai at USD 4241 R/t
- From New York to Beijing/ Shanghai at USD 3490 R/t
- From Los Angeles/ Seattle/ Portland/ San Francisco to Tokyo at USD 3162 R/t
- From Boston to Tokyo at USD 4362 R/t
- From Philadelphia to Tokyo at USD 4497 R/t
- From New York to Tokyo at USD 4622 R/t
- From Washington to Tokyo at USD 5322 R/t
- Fares are subject to change without any prior notice
- Advance purchase will be required
- Minimum and maximum stay will be applicable
- Extra fee will be charged for weekend travel
- Other conditions may apply