The Gulf Air
recently released its summer schedule adding more flights, additional seats and more convenient flight options to several key destinations. The airline said that over 1700 seats have been added per week to the existing flights to cope up with the increasing passenger demand. The services to three new destinations – Kabul, Copenhagen and Nairobi – have also commenced.
“Many of our destinations are very popular with our customers such as Bangkok, Colombo, Istanbul, Kathmandu and Manila, which are already witnessing over 80 percent bookings, and come summer, the demand will be even higher. So we have made sure to meet the summer rush by increasing frequencies and operating bigger aircraft. In addition, we have also introduced split schedules on some routes giving flexible options for our customers to choose their arrival and departures according to their leisure needs. The split schedule also offers better onward connectivity options for those travelling to other destinations via Bahrain,” said Karim Makhlouf, Gulf Air Chief Commercial Officer.
Summer Schedule Highlights:
- Flights to Manila increased from 10 to 12 times per week using an A330 with a capacity increase of 20 percent from May 11.
- Service to Istanbul increased from four to five per week with an A320 aircraft adding a 153 percent capacity increase replacing the current Embraer E70 from May 15.
- Flights to Colombo increased from seven to eight per week with a 14 percent added capacity from May 17.
- Flights to Kathmandu increased from 11 to 12 times per week using an A320 with a weekly capacity increase of 9 percent from May 21.
- Flights to Bangkok to be increased from seven to nine per week using A330 with a 28 percent additional capacity effective June 1.
- Flights to Larnaca to be increased from five to six per week with a weekly capacity increase of 20 percent effective June 5.
- Flights to the recently launched European destination Milan to be increased from four to six per week using an A320 aircraft instead of the current Boeing 737 offering 117 percent more seats per week for passengers.
Besides, the Gulf Air also announced that it will be launching services to three new destinations – Kabul from June 15, Copenhagen (its first service to Scandinavia) from July 1, and Nairobi from July 5.