Just two days here, and you will start asking yourself if you are in Fort Lauderdale or Waterdale. With so many water based activities and sights, this city is a haven for people who love to soak, swim, float, surf or sail. So fasten your swimsuits and get ready to be drenched in unique water activities that are typical to this region. Here is a walk-through of what to expect.
Dragon in the Clouds
Photo by daspader, on Flickr
- Airboat Everglades Tours: Combine wildlife with waterways when you fly over the Everglades in an airboat from Fort Lauderdale to Sawgrass Recreation Park. Take your cameras along to capture pictures of lovely flora and fauna with water lilies, turtles, birds, panthers and iguana. Don’t miss the experience of holding a baby alligator in your hands.
- The Ski Rixen in Quiet Waters Park, Deerfield is an excellent cable park with thrilling activities like wakeboarding, wake skating and water skiing. Once you get a hang of these, it’s hard to leave this place. Ride the Rixen, America’s longest standing cable way, and enjoy a completely new water experience.
- Jungle Queen or Water Taxi: The Venice of America offers lots of options for cruise lovers. The Jungle Queen River cruise is one of the oldest and most beloved with travelers. Enjoy a shrimp dinner on-board and view Fort Lauderdale from the water. Behold sights ranging from rare birds to spectacular mansions and end the tour with an uproarious show. Another option to experience the lovely waters is through the water taxi, a popular mode of transport here.
- Zainojet: This is a surprise package that makes diving and parasailing seem like mild water games. Become a human submarine, swim underwater and take off out of the blue into the air to a height of 30 ft! Enjoy a scenic boat ride along with this incredible experience.
- Exclusively for kids: Watch your kids have the time of the day at the Funky Fish Kids Day Out Center where they can learn to snorkel, boogie board or skim board in the ocean. With lots of other activities and educational experiences, this should be an outing that will keep them talking about their holiday in Fort Lauderdale for days. Another experience not to be missed by kids is the Fort Lauderdale Duck Tour on an amphibious vehicle; let the children have their own cruising experience.
- Deep Sea Fishing: Charter fishing boats for a deep sea expedition and spend a day at fishing or just watching the incredible variety of sea creatures off the coast.
- Boating: Rent a kayak, a sail boat or a banana boat at hourly rates and take off to the seas on your own. If you want to be driven around, the best experience would be on a glass bottom boat or a water-limousine.
- Water sports: If you love water sports, make sure your holiday in Fort Lauderdale is a LONG one because it’s impossible to enjoy all the activities this place has to offer in a short time span. Ranging from snorkeling to explore the undersea world and old ship wrecks to scuba diving and parasailing, there are plenty of options for beginners as well as pros. Whether you wish to learn surfing or enjoy one the best surfing experiences in the world; this is the right place.
Make an itinerary of water ventures you wish to take up in Fort Lauderdale to enjoy your holiday to the fullest.
Book your cheap flight to Fort Lauderdale
today for some Water Adventures!
Don't forget to 'Like us' on Facebook
for exclusive travel deals!