Here's why to book cheap flights to Chennai!!
Conventional Chennai is a place to visit for its culture, coffee and cuisine; this city can be a cool place to visit in spite of its sizzling heat.
Chennai is one city that’s proud of its conservative attitude. Traditional values are given a lot of importance; yet the city is not that narrow minded to block out new improvements. This is one reason why you will see plantain leaf stalls and cool coffee outlets existing side by side in the capital of Tamil Nadu.
The Gateway to South India is a major port with an important international airport where several flights connect the city to major international airports. There are several direct cheap flights to Chennai from major airports like Frankfurt, London, Brussels, Dubai and Singapore. Within India too, it’s easy to get cheap tickets to Chennai from almost all cities that have an airport. The Central and Egmore train stations connect the city extensively to different places in India and within Tamil Nadu.
What You Should Know About Chennai
- Anyone who’s visited Chennai will first talk about the city’s hot climate. It could be sweltering in the summer months of April and May so it’s better to book your airline tickets between November and February when the climate in Chennai is at its best. Not only this, December and January is when all the fun happens in this city.
- The music season in Chennai starts in December; during this month, most auditoriums are fully booked for classical music concerts. If you are a music lover and want to experience south Indian culture at its best, book your flights to Chennai in December.
- The Navrathri festival in Oct-Nov and Pongal festival in January are given a lot of importance in this city; this is when Chennai is fully adorned with beautiful decorations and lights.
- If you can stand the heat, traveling by bus is the best option in Chennai because auto-rickshaws here are notorious for overcharging. Else, you could book a car with driver for your entire stay here.
What to See
- Most interesting tourist attractions lie around Chennai and can be covered in day trips Within Chennai, you can have fun at the Marina beach, visit the Kalakshetra, Theosophical Society, Fort St George, St Thomas Church and the universal Temple of Ramakrishna Math.
- Don’t miss visiting at least one of the major temples where you can see traditional South Indian culture at its best. The Kapaleeswara temple and Parthasarathy temple are must-visit places.
- Visit the Shore temple of Mahabalipuram, about 60 kms from Chennai. The drive to this place is very pleasant and the architecture here is astounding.
- The Vedanthangal Bird Sanctuary is another pleasant picnic spot for a day trip from Chennai.
Chennai as An Inexpensive Holiday Destination
With several cheap tickets options available for flights to Chennai, a holiday here can be quite inexpensive. There are accommodation options for the budget as well as quality conscious travelers. Shopping here is very good if you don’t mind the chaotic platform shops and the crowd; don’t hesitate to bargain. After all, cutting a deal is as interesting as buying the product. So, order your cheap tickets to Chennai, pack your sun screen lotion and have a happy journey.