Top Flight Deals to San Salvador
* Travel dates Jan 19-Feb 14. Fares updated on: 12/8/2018 at 2:02 AM. Fares are round trip. Fares incl. all fuel surcharges, our service fees
. Displayed fares are based on historical data, are subject to change and cannot be guaranteed at the time of booking.
Cheap Tickets from Washington to San Salvador
Planning to visit El Salvador for spending your next vacation? San Salvador, the capital city of El Salvador, is the best place to head for to explore this beautiful Central American nation. The city offers a fascinating sight to its visitors with its historical monuments, museums, bustling markets and restaurants teeming with local people savoring sumptuous cuisines. Thousands of tourists visit San Salvador to see its famous attractions such as Joya de Ceren and Museo de Arte. For those who are passionate about history and keen to know about the culture, the famous site of Joya de Ceren is worth visiting. It is renowned for its Mayan ruins which are intact to date.
If you are visiting El Salvador from Washington D.C., your flight will bring you to San Salvador’s Cuscatlan International Airport, which is nearly 30 miles away from the city. It is the country’s busiest airport and one of the important airports in Central America. The city is served by many prominent U.S. carriers including American Airlines, Continental Airlines, Delta Air Lines, United Airlines, Spirit Airlines and US Airways. Other airlines conducting flights to the city include TACA Airlines, Aeromexico and Copa Airlines. Apart from Washington D.C., these airlines connect San Salvador with major U.S. cities like Miami, Newark, Los Angeles, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, San Francisco, Orlando, New York and Chicago.
Here are some of the interesting facts that will help you know this city pair better. This will help you in preparing well for your future travel:
- A total of 9 airlines are presently offering flights services between Washington D.C. and San Salvador
- Airlines conducting flights on Washington D.C.-San Salvador route are offering 75,549 seats on a daily basis
- Air Canada operates the shortest flight between the two destinations. The flight distance is 2,468 miles
- The flight duration between the two cities is 4 hours 16 minutes
- United Airlines operates a 194-seat Airbus A325 aircraft. It is currently the largest aircraft being flown on this route
- Spirit Airlines conducts flights between the two cities with the smallest aircraft, which is an Airbus A325 with a capacity of 145 seats
- The two cities share between themselves 285 flights on a weekly basis
- United Airlines operates two nonstop flights on this route
- Travelers prefer New York as the best city to connect for one stop flights for traveling between the two cities