Here's why to book cheap flights to Ahmadabad!!
The hospitality of Gujaratis is best felt in Gujarat’s largest city, Ahmadabad; with enough attractions to satisfy modern travelers as well as history seekers, the city is impressive.
From the calm of the Sabarmati Ashram to the throbbing beat of the busy evening market, Ahmadabad is a typical Indian city; it has its moods and its own unique personality. The largest city in Gujarat, Ahmadabad borders the Sabarmati River and is a major business hub for Gujarati traders, especially for those in the textile industry. To experience the city at its best, the best time to book flights to Ahmadabad would be in the month of January when the city celebrates Makar Sankranti, marked by its international kite festival.
Being a major city, Ahmadabad is well connected to domestic as well as international locations by flights. There are several options for cheap tickets to Ahmadabad from different cities in the world. Within India too, there are several budget carriers that offer cheap flights to Ahmadabad from major cities. Ahmadabad is also well connected to other Indian cities by train, but often, airlines tickets on budget carriers can work out to cost just a little more than train tickets, especially if you make your booking in advance.
Where To Stay
The cosmopolitan city of Ahmadabad has several options for budget as well luxury accommodation. If you want a really good deal, just check the website where you’ve booked your cheap tickets to see if you can get a package deal for accommodation thrown in along with the airline tickets.
What To See
The Sabarmathi Ashram, once the home of Mahatma Gandhi is a must-visit attraction in Ahmadabad. This tranquil abode has been the center to many historical events and now rests peacefully along the Sabarmati river.
Other places to visit in Ahmadabad include the Badra Fort, Amar Dham, Akshardham Temple, Sidi Sayed Mosque and Calico Textile museum to name a few. Visit the Adlaj Vav step well, a beautiful piece of architecture just a few kilometers from Ahmadabad.
What To Do
- Have a taste of Gujarati cuisine at the Vishala in Vasna Toll Naka.
- Enjoy the Uttar ayan, the kite festival of Gujarat that is sure to amaze you with its excitement and fervor.
- Take a walking tour organized by the Municipal Corporation to get to know the old city of Ahmadabad in depth.
- If you have kids, the Gujarat Science City is a must-visit. Extremely informative and entertaining for all.
- Get souvenirs and more at the Law Garden Night Market; this is a great place to spend your time people watching and haggling.
How To Get The Best Deals For Your Ahmadabad Holiday
- You can get cheap tickets to Ahmadabad from major cities in India like Kolkata, Mumbai and Delhi on no-frills carriers. If your holiday itinerary includes these cities, consider booking your flights to Ahmadabad from these places.
- To get the best deals, book your airlines tickets in advance; this will get you cheap fares.
- You can get good budget hotels in the old town area on the East of Sabaramati. You could also take your pick from no-frills hotels that charge for the room alone. There are several options for meals of different cuisines in the city area.
- If you have time, take a rickshaw to explore the city. This is cheaper than other modes of transport and often more interesting.