Here's why to book cheap flights to Dhaka!!
A multihued city racing ahead to take the challenges of the world, Dhaka is a great place to visit for its culture, Mughal architecture and its ability to embrace new trends.
The capital of Bangladesh, Dhaka is a flourishing metropolis that races on with the speed of an ambitious city in an emerging country. When you book your flights to Dhaka, be prepared to face a fast-paced animated city that will keep you going on without time for rest. From the crowded conservative atmosphere of Old Dhaka to the polished look of Gulshan and other new areas,
Best Way To Get In
There are cheap flights to Dhaka from all major cities in the world. Flying in is one of the best options to reach the city. Once you have booked your cheap tickets to Dhaka, give your arrival details to your hotel to arrange for airport to hotel transfers. Other ways to get into Dhaka are by bus or boat. However, since these options take a lot of time, flights are the best alternative. And now that cheap tickets are available, it’s best to make use of this option.
Where To Stay
Depending on the area you wish to stay in, Dhaka offers hotels to varying budgets. Gulshan and Banani have a major share of luxury hotels while there are several budget hotels in the older areas of Dhaka. Of course, you have to remember that in Dhaka, what you pay is what you get.
When To Visit
Book your airline tickets for the months between November and March. This is when rainfall is minimal and the weather in Dhaka is at its best. Moderately warm clothes are enough as the weather gets a little chilly in the evenings.
What To See
Designed by the Mughals, the city of Dhaka still retains its classic taste in architecture in its Government buildings and monuments. Visit the National Parliament House, the National Memorial, Sonargaon and Lalbagh Fort to admire the lovely architecture of those days. Other attractions include Ahsan Manjil, Dhakeswari Temple, National Park, Sadarghat and Sitara Mosque.
What To Do
- Shopping – For a typical local hindu experience, visit the Shankaria Bazaar in Old Dhaka and collect some souvenirs. For essential shopping, New Market is the place you’re looking for. This A – Z market has everything you can think of at very affordable rates if you are ready to bargain.
- Pink pearls are Dhaka’s specialty. Make sure you get some from a reliable source and beware of touts.
- Eat at the Dhanshiri or Khazaana to taste excellent Bengali cuisine.
- Visit the Dhaka Zoo and Botanical gardens as a day trip. Both are close to each other and can be combined in one trip.
- Explore Dhaka on a rikshaw or a horse cart to feel the city’s actual mood. Did you know that Dhaka is the Rickshaw capital of the world!
What You Should Know
The currency of Bangladesh is Taka; About 74 Takas is equal to one US Dollar. Vacationers to Dhaka will find this to be quite an inexpensive destination. With cheap flights, affordable hotels, plenty of restaurant and street food and numerous places to visit, Dhaka is indeed an ideal holiday destination.
What are you waiting for? Book your cheap tickets now!