Aer Lingus Flight Tickets
Aer Lingus is the National Carrier of Ireland. The headquarters of this airline is at Dublin Airport, Ireland. About 43 aircrafts are operated by this airline. This airline carries 10 million passengers every year. The main objective of this airline is to connect Ireland with different destinations spread all over the world. The airline offers excellent services and airline product that are expected by airline passengers. Moreover, these services are offered at competitive prices. Besides passenger services, the airlines also offer cargo transportation services. The services are available for destinations- Continental Europe, the United Kingdom and the United States of America. The airline has enhanced connectivity by several notches in the areas close to Ireland.
Irish Government established this airline in the year 1936 with an aim to offer services between the UK and Ireland. The maiden voyage of this airline began from Dublin to Bristol. Only five passengers were carried across the Irish Sea during this voyage. The plane used was De Havilland. In the month of May, 2011, the airlines celebrated 75th Anniversary with immense enthusiasm.
The airline has three partners -- Aer Arann, United Airlines and JetBlue Airways.
Aer Lingus currently has an all Airbus fleet comprising of A320, A330 and A321 aircrafts with average age of 7.28 years. The airline has 42% of the aircrafts on lease, while 58% of the aircrafts are owned by the airline. Aer Lingus will introduce two leased A319 aircrafts in its fleet with an aim to gradually replace A320 aircrafts. The airline operates Airbus A319, A320 and A321 aircrafts on its short haul routes and offers only Economy Class on these routes. On its long haul routes, the airline currently operates A330 aircrafts and offers both Economy Class and Business Class.
Air Lingus operates on 92 routes connecting Europe, the United Kingdom and the United States of America.
Prominent Flight routes
Aer Lingus offers flights to Agadir, Athens, Bourgas, Budapest, Copenhagen and Helsinki from its main hub in Dublin.
- As part of total checked baggage, 20 kg per passenger is allowed (short haul flights)
- Excess weight is charged per kilo per flight (short haul flights)
- As part of total checked baggage, 32 kg per passenger is allowed (long haul flights)
- The dimensions of the bag that is allowed to be carried inside the cabin are- 158 cm
In Flight Experience
- High quality cuisines are served in-flight
- Seasonal and fresh produce are used in the cuisines
- For enjoying the pre-flight tranquility, a voucher for Gold Circle Lounge can be used
- Lie flat sleeper seats offer a perfect way to relax
- A wide range of music albums, videos and films are available for entertainment