Fly with Air France
Air France came into existence in the year 1933. It is the Flag carrier of France and serves a large number of passengers. This headquarters of this airline is at Tremblay-en-France. It is Air France-KLM’s subsidiary group. It offers its services at various destinations all over the world. About 35 destinations are served in France and 162 worldwide destinations touching 92 countries. In the year 2011, this airline served about 59, 513, 000 passengers. Charles De Gaulle Airport in Paris is the global hub of the carrier. The airline is committed to serving its customers.
On 7th day of October, 1933, this airline came into existence. It was formed by merging Air Union, Air Orient, and few organizations. The airline has extensive air network all over France and neighboring countries. In 1945, the airline was nationalized. The services started with Douglas DC-3 aircraft. Direct flights between New York and Paris started in the year 1946. At one point of time, Air France had the largest fleet in the world.
Code share Agreements
Air France has code-share agreements with a large number of airlines. The following are Air France code-share partners: Air Berlin, Air Corsica, Air Madagascar, Air Mauritius, Estonian Air, Austrian Airlines, Bulgaria Air, Finnair, Middle East Airlines, Georgian Airways, Chalair Aviation, Air Seychelles, Jat Airways, Japan Airlines, Alaska Airlines, Air Baltic and Luxair.
Air France operates a big fleet of Airbus and Boeing aircrafts. The airline’s fleet includes 18 Airbus A318-100 aircrafts, 41 Airbus A319-100 aircrafts, 60 Airbus A320-200 aircrafts, 15 Airbus A321-200 aircrafts, 25 Airbus A330-200 aircrafts, 13 Airbus A340-300 aircrafts, eight Airbus A380-800 aircrafts, seven Boeing 747-400 aircrafts, 25 Boeing 777-200ER aircrafts and 37 Boeing 737-300ER aircrafts.
Air France connects 284 passenger routes 35 domestic, and 163 international destinations touching about 92 countries. These destinations include France, the United States, and many other destinations all over the world.
Prominent Flight routes
Air France offers services on several routes from France. These prominent flight routes include Aberdeen, Abuja, Amsterdam, Atlanta, Athens, Bahrain, Bangalore, Bangkok, Barcelona, Beirut, Boston, Bristol, Budapest, Cairo, Caracas, Cologne, Delhi, Dubai and Dublin.
- Every passenger is allowed to carry one bag inside the cabin along with a personal item like handbag, briefcase or a laptop;
- The dimensions of infant baggage- 55 cm x 25 cm x 35 cm
- Its weight must not exceed 12 kg
- In case of excess weight, excess baggage fees is applied
In Flight Experience
- High quality cuisines are served in-flight
- Audio Video on Demand services is available
- Video Games are available
- Reclining seats offer a perfect way to relax
- Enough leg space is available for added comfort
- 12 Music Channels are available for entertainment
- Foreign movies and bilingual movies are also available
- Many magazines like Air France and newspapers are available on board
- Several music channels and CD’s are also available as part of the in flight services by the airlines