Fly with Afriqiyah Airways
Afriqiyah Airways was founded in April 2001 and is a state-owned carrier of Libya. The Libyan government is operating Afriqiyah Airways under a separate company called Libyan African Aviation Holding Company. The airline has its headquarters at Tripoli and is operating out of its main hub at Tripoli International Airport. Currently, Afriqiyah Airways is operates flights services to many domestic and international destinations. The airline is serving over 25 countries in Africa, Middle East, Europe and Asia. Earlier in mid-October 2010 the Libyan government had tried to merge the two state-owned carriers – Libyan Airlines and Afriqiyah Airways – into one airline. The merger however has since been postponed and both the airlines are now operating as separate entities.
Afriqiyah Airways offers two classes of travel – Economy Class and Business Class.
In-flight Services and Amenities
- More legroom
- Seat width is of 2 to 3 extra inches as compared to Economy
- Adjustable recline position, lumbar support and leg rest
- Personal TV monitors with a selection of AVOD programs
- Power outlets to charge laptop, mobiles and other electronic gadgets
- Complimentary meals and beverage service
- Amenity kits including toiletries, eye masks and socks
- Access to business class lounge
- Seat pitch of 31 inches
- A wide selection of audio and video programs
- Complimentary in-flight cuisine
- Seat design aimed at providing comfortable travel and fatigue elimination