Fly with Air Tanzania
Air Tanzania is the flagship carrier of Tanzania. headquartered in the capital city of Dar es Salaam, this state carrier came into existence after East African Airways was dissolved. Founded in 1977, Air Tanzania provides flights services to major destinations within the country and around the world from Julius Nyerere International Airport, its primary hub. The airline presently serves many domestic and regional destinations as well as to intercontinental routes. The destinations being currently served by Air Tanzania includes Bujumbura, Kigoma, Tabora, Mbeya, Mwanza, Mtwara and Moroni. The airline is also planning to introduce new flights to Zanzibar, Mbeya-Songwe and Arusha in future. Air Tanzania owns a fleet of two aircrafts – Boeing 737-200 and Bombardier Dash 8.
Air Tanzania offers its customers travel in two classes – Economy Class and Business Class.
In-flight Services and Amenities
- Free checked baggage of maximum 30 kg
- Same amount of checked baggage applicable for children aged 2 – 12
- No free checked baggage allowance for children under 2 years
- Carry-on baggage not exceeding 7 kg
- Carry-on baggage can include personal items such as overcoat, laptop, small camera, ladies handbag and walking stick
- Complimentary meals and drinks served
- Free checked baggage of up to 20 kg
- Children aged 2 - 12 allowed to carry same amount of checked baggage
- Free checked baggage allowance not applicable for children less than 2 years
- Cabin baggage of maximum 7 kg
- Complimentary snacks offered