Fly with Airtran Airways
AirTran Airways is a major air carrier which is based at Georgia in the United States. The airline is headquartered at Dallas, Texas and is a major subsidiary of the massive Southwest Airlines. About 129 aircrafts are being operated by this particular airline and reaches to 48 destinations. 10 million passengers are carried by this particular aircraft every year. There are 700 daily flights which are being operated every day by this airline which is indeed great. The airline offers excellent services and airline product that are expected by the airline passengers. Moreover, these services are offered at very competitive prices which are the best part. Besides the passenger services, the airlines also offer the cargo transportation services in a major way. The services are available for the destinations- Atlanta, Baltimore-Washington, Orlando, Milwaukee, Tampa, Ft. Myers, Fort Lauderdale, Washington DC, Akron- Canton, Pittsburgh etc.
The actual AirTran Airways started its operations in the year 1992 and it started gloriously. The Airline after its inception bought the start up 737 operator, which was named Conquest Sun. After the above purchase was done, it was renamed as AirTran Airways.
Previous Airline Partners
The airline had previously partnered with Midwest Airline Group, but is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Southwest Airlines.
AirTran Airways currently operates a all Boeing fleet comprising of Boeing 717-200 and Boeing 737-700 aircrafts. The airline offers on Economy Class on its short haul routes. The airline operates Boeing 717-200 aircrafts on its long haul routes, and offers both Economy Class as well as Business Class.
AirTran flies across 48 major destinations in Caribbean, United States and Mexico
Prominent Flight routes
The flights on prominent routes being currently by AirTran Airways include Atlanta, Orlando, Baltimore- Washington, Milwaukee, Tampa, Ft. Myers, Fort Lauderdale, Washington D.C. , Akron- Canton and Pittsburgh.
- As part of total checked baggage, 20 kg per passenger is allowed (short haul flights)
- Excess weight is charged per kilo per flight (short haul flights)
- As part of total checked baggage, 32 kg per passenger is allowed (long haul flights)
- The dimensions of the bag that is allowed to be carried inside the cabin are- 158 cm
In Flight Experience
- High quality cuisines both vegetarian and non-vegetarian are being served in-flight
- Seasonal and very fresh produce are being used in the cuisines
- For the proper enjoyment of the pre-flight tranquility, a voucher for Gold Circle Lounge can be used by the passengers in order to make the journey memorable and fun-filled
- Lie flat sleeper seats are offer in a perfect way to for the relaxation of the passengers
- A wide range of the music albums, videos and the films are readily available for the entertainment of the passengers