The airline was split into two companies. It was unofficially referred to as old Varig and new Varig. New Varig was completely integrated with Gol Airlines. The airline was founded on May 7, 1927 and it stopped operating its flights in 2006.It had its headquarters in Porto Alegre Rio de Janerio.
The airline had its hub in Rio de Janerio-Galeao. While it was operational it flew to several destinations. Varig Gol Airlines flights went to the following destinations:
- Aracaju – Santa Maria
- Araguaína – Araguaína
- Belém – Val de Cães/Julio Cézar Ribeiro
- Belo Horizonte
- Pampulha/Carlos Drummond de Andrade
- Tancredo Neves
- Boa Vista – Atlas Brasil Cantanhede
- Brasília – Pres. Juscelino Kubitschek
- Campina Grande – Pres. João Suassuna
- Campinas – Viracopos
- Campo Grande – Campo Grande
- Carajás (Parauapebas) – Carajás
- Cruzeiro do Sul – Cruzeiro do Sul
- Cuiabá/Várzea Grande – Mal. Rondon
- Curitiba – Afonso Pena
- Florianópolis – Hercílio Luz
- Fortaleza – Pinto Martins
- Foz do Iguaçu – Cataratas
- Goiânia – Santa Genoveva
- Ilhéus – Jorge Amado
- Imperatriz – Pref. Renato Moreira
- João Pessoa – Pres. Castro Pinto
- Joinville – Lauro Carneiro de Loyola
- Juazeiro do Norte – Orlando Bezerra de Menezes
- Londrina – Gov. José Richa Airport
- Macapá – Alberto Alcolumbre
- Maceió – Zumbi dos Palmares
- Eduardo Gomes
- Ponta Pelada Airport
- Marabá – Marabá
- Natal – Augusto Severo
- Navegantes – Min. Victor Konder
- Petrolina – Sen. Nilo Coelho
- Porto Alegre – Salgado Filho
- Porto Velho – Gov. Jorge Teixeira de Oliveira
It won several awards and its fleet included Dornier DoJ Wl,Dornier Merkur, Morane Saulnier 130 and several others aircrafts.
Varig Gol Airlines Fare structure and Varig Gol Airlines flight amenities
The airline offered a choice between three classes, first, business and economy. Passengers could make the decision of choosing a specific class because of differences in fare and services.
Passengers with Varig Gol Airlines flight tickets for the first serve class were served an exquisite menu and got the best services in every aspect. Business class passengers also got very comfortable seats and a delicious meal. Passengers with Varig gol airlines flight tickets for economy class also enjoyed a pleasant flight. Passengers with Varig Gol airlines reservations could enjoy a lot of in flight entertainment provisions.
Varig Gol Airlines Baggage
Passengers with Varig Gol Airlines tickets for first and business class could carry 70lbs and economy class passengers were allowed 50 lbs.
Varig Gol Airlines Rewards
While they were operational, their frequent flyer program Smiles, offered several Varig Gol Airlines flight deals, gifts, packages etc.