Fly with Winair
Winair is originally named as Windward Islands Airways International N.V. The airline was founded by Georges Greaux in the year 1961. Winair is presently a state-owned regional airline of the Government of Sint Maarten. Operating for more than four decades now, the airline is providing seamless air connectivity in the Caribbean. Winair is conducting flight services to about 10 destinations from its main hub at the Princess Juliana Airport in Sint Maarten. The airline is providing daily flight services to the Caribbean Islands destinations, which includes The Valley (Anguilla), St. John’s (Antigua), Willemstad (Curacao), Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic), Charlestown (Nevis), The Bottom (Saba), Gustavia (Saint-Barthélemy), Basseterre (Saint Kitts), Oranjestad (Sint Eustatius), and Road Town (Tortola). The focus city of Winair is at St. John’s where flights to/from are operated out of the V. C. Bird International Airport. Apart from scheduled flights, the airline is also providing charter flights to several islands located in North Eastern Caribbean region. Presently, Winair owns a 5-aircraft fleet consisting of four De Havilland Canada DHC-6 Twin Otter Series 300 and one ATR 42-500.
Winair provides a single class layout on all its aircrafts.
In-flight Services and Amenities
- Passengers are not provided in-flight services due to smaller aircrafts and shorter flight duration
- A maximum of 3 kg of carry-on luggage allowed that should fit under the seat
- Free baggage allowed for adults not weighing above 23 kg
- Infants allowed one free checked baggage not more than 10 kg
- Pre-seat reservation option not available