Fly with Spirit Airlines
The privately-owned U.S.-based ultra low cost carrier Spirit Airlines has its headquarters located in Miramar, Florida. Established in 1980 in Michigan, the airline initially operated under the name of Charter One and offered charter tour packages to prime entertainment destinations like the Bahamas, Las Vegas and Atlantic City. Charter One later on started operating flight to Providence and Atlantic City from Boston. However, Charter One renamed itself as Spirit Airlines on May 29th 1992 and started providing flight services to Atlantic City from Detroit. Over the years, Spirit Airlines has flourished and expanded its services rapidly. Presently, Spirit Airlines is conducting flight operations throughout the United States. The airline also caters to other international destinations as well. These include Latin America, Mexico and the Caribbean. Spirit Airlines is catering to a total of 52 destinations presently from its main hub at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport. The focus cities of the airline include Las Vegas, Detroit, Chicago and Atlantic City. Spirit Airlines owns an all-Airbus fleet comprising of 54 aircrafts. These include 29 Airbus A319-100, 23 Airbus A320-200 and 2 Airbus A321-200.
Spirit Airlines is an ultra low-cost carrier. All of its aircrafts are configured in a single-class layout.
In-flight Services and Amenities
- Being a no-frills airline the customers are not offered complimentary in-flight services
- Advance seat reservation available for a fee
- Additional legroom available with spacious Big Front Seats at a price
- No complimentary carry-on bag and checked baggage
- Snacks, meals and beverages can be purchased on board
- Smaller personal item that can fit under the seat allowed free