Fly with Air Jamaica
Air Jamaica is Jamaica’s full service national airlines. Scheduled Passenger Services are being regularly offered by this airline. There are six major destinations which are being served by this carrier. This airline is majorly owned and operated by Caribbean Airline Limited. The Jamaican Government has 16% of the overall stakes of this particular airline. This airline came into existence in the year 1968. The main aim of this airline is to serve the passengers flying with them with world class excellent services. Care is taken that a high level of comfort is offered to the every passenger flying them. The airline offers excellent services and the airline product that are expected by airline passengers. Moreover, these airline services are very much offered at competitive prices. The hubs of this particular air carrier are the Sangster International Airport and Norman Manly International Airport.
This has been reported that the first time Air Jamaica was conceptualised and founded was in the year 1963. The Jamaican Government had played a major role in initiating the project and thus it holds 16% of the entire share. Air Jamaica was formally established in the year 1968. The airline started its operations connecting destinations like Kingston, New York, Miami and Montego Bay. At the time of the foundation of this Airline, the Jamaican Government held a considerable share of the airlines but eventually the Government’s share is merely 16%.
The airline operates an all Boeing fleet. The airline currently has six Boeing 737-800 aircrafts.
Air Jamaica operates across some of the major countries like Barbados, Guyana, Venezuela, Saint Lucia, Jamaica, United States, United Kingdom, Suriname, Saint Maarten, Grenada, Trinidad and Tobago and Canada. The cities where this airline service is available are Caracas, Bridgestone, Castries, Georgetown, Fort Lauderdale, London, Kingston, Miami, New York city, Orlando, Philipsburg, Port of Spain, Tobago, Toronto, St. John’s etc.
Prominent Flight routes from Jamaica
The prominent routes being operated by the airline from Jamaica include Barbados, Venezuela, Saint Lucia, Guyana, United States, United Kingdom, Suriname, Saint Maarten, Trinidad and Tobago, and Canada.
- Every passenger is allowed to carry one bag inside the cabin along with a personal item like handbag, briefcase or a laptop;
- Dimensions of Standard Article- 23 m x 40 cm x 55 cm
- Maximum weight of Standard Article - 10 kg
- Dimensions of Personal Article - 16 cm x 33 cm x 43 cm
- Maximum Weight of Personal Article - 10 kg weight is allowed
- In case of excess weight, excess baggage fees is applied
In Flight Experience
- High quality cuisines are served in-flight
- Comfortable reclining seats offer a perfect way to relax
- Enough leg space is available for added comfort of the passengers
- Personal screens on every seat enhance the pleasure of watching movies