Fly with Air Jamaica
Air Jamaica is the national airline of Jamaica. It was established in the year 1968 and has since been serving the people of the island nation. However, since May 26, 2011, Caribbean Airlines owns and operates Air Jamaica. Currently, it flies to about six destinations and is a proud owner of five airplanes. It operates out of its hubs at Sangster International Airport and Norman Manly International Airport. Its focus cities include John F. Kennedy International Airport, and Sangster International Airport.
This has been reported that the first time Air Jamaica was conceptualized and founded was in the year 1963. The Jamaican Government had played a major role in initiating the project and thus it holds 16% of the entire share. Air Jamaica was formally established in the year 1968. The airline started its operations connecting destinations like Kingston, New York, Miami, and Montego Bay. At the time of the foundation of this Airline, the Jamaican Government held a considerable share of the airlines but eventually the Government’s share is merely 16%.
The airline operates an all Boeing fleet. The airline currently has five Boeing 737-800 aircrafts.
Air Jamaica operates across some of the major countries like Barbados, Guyana, Venezuela, Saint Lucia, Jamaica, United States, United Kingdom, Suriname, Saint Maarten, Grenada, Trinidad and Tobago and Canada. The cities where this airline service is available are Caracas, Bridgestone, Castries, Georgetown, Fort Lauderdale, London, Kingston, Miami, New York city, Orlando, Philipsburg, Port of Spain, Tobago, Toronto, St. John’s etc.
Prominent Flight routes from Jamaica
The prominent routes being operated by the airline from Jamaica include Barbados, Venezuela, Saint Lucia, Guyana, United States, United Kingdom, Suriname, Saint Maarten, Trinidad and Tobago, and Canada.
- Every passenger is allowed to carry one bag inside the cabin along with a personal item like handbag, briefcase or a laptop;
- Dimensions of Standard Article- 23 m x 40 cm x 55 cm
- Maximum weight of Standard Article - 10 kg
- Dimensions of Personal Article - 16 cm x 33 cm x 43 cm
- Maximum Weight of Personal Article - 10 kg weight is allowed
- In case of excess weight, excess baggage fees is applied
In Flight Experience
- High quality cuisines are served in-flight
- Comfortable reclining seats offer a perfect way to relax
- Enough leg space is available for added comfort of the passengers
- Personal screens on every seat enhance the pleasure of watching movies
Air Jamaica Latest News
Air Jamaica merger with Caribbean Airlines facing issues Jun 21, 2013
Vasant Bharath, Trinidad & Tobago’s Minister of Trade, Industry and Investment, has expressed dissatisfaction over the way in which the merger of Air Jamaica with Caribbe...Read More
Previous updates »