Fly with South African Airways
South African Airways, the national airline of South Africa, was founded on 1st February 1934 after the Union Airways was acquired by the South African government. The airline is headquartered in Kempton Park, Ekurhuleni, Gauteng. SA Airways is presently providing flight services to various domestic and international destinations from OR Tambo International Airport, its main hub. South African Airways has an extensive domestic network and is currently offering nearly 660 flights every week on several domestic routes from its hub at Johannesburg. The airline also caters to about 26 destinations throughout the African continent. Apart from this, South African Airways serves key international destinations, including Washington, New York, Frankfurt, London, Buenos Aires, Mumbai and others.
The customers are offered two classes of travel in South African Airways – Business Class and Economy Class. The airline also offers five types of fares on its international routes. These include Saver, Plus, Classic, Select, Priority and Premium.
In-flight Services and Amenities
- Complimentary meals with a choice of international culinary delights
- Complimentary signature wines and a wide selection of beverages
- Two hand luggage each weighing up to 8 kg
- Personal television viewing available on Airbus A340-200
- Free checked baggage allowed two pieces each of up to 32 kg
- A wide choice of films, music and documentaries available on Airbus A319, A340-200 and Boeing 737-800 aircrafts
- Complimentary meals with great menu options
- Alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages served throughout the flight for free
- Passengers allowed two checked baggage not exceeding 23 kg each
- One hand luggage not above 8 kg