13. Are pre-existing medical conditions covered under this plan?
The Insurer will not pay for any loss or expense incurred as the result of an Injury,
Sickness or other condition of an Insured, Traveling Companion, Business Partner
or Family Member booked to travel with you which, within the 180 day period immediately
preceding the Insured's coverage effective date:
- Received or received a recommendation for a diagnostic test, examination or medical
- Took or received prescription drugs or medicines, unless the condition for which
the drugs or medicines are taken remains controlled without any change
14. Why should I buy the travel protection plan? Even
the best-planned travel can be impacted by unforeseen sickness, or medical emergency,
delayed flights, passport theft or baggage delays. Troubles can occur when you least
anticipate them forcing you to cancel or interrupt your trip, lose your ticket investment,
and incur unplanned expenses. By purchasing a travel protection plan, you are protecting
your trip investment against the unknown and will find the peace of mind your trip
15. For what reasons can I cancel or interrupt my trip?
You can cancel or interrupt your trip for covered reasons only. Examples of covered
reasons for trip cancellation/interruption include illness, injury or death of you,
a family member or traveling companion; supplier cancellations due to a strike;
traffic accident en route to departure; a documented theft of passports or visas;
a Terrorist Act; and your home made uninhabitable by fire, flood, hurricane or natural
Description of Coverage for more information. The Description of Coverage
will outline all named reasons for trip cancellation and interruption. A claim should
not be filed in the event the trip is cancelled or changed outside of the named
16. What will I need to do if I must cancel my trip?
First, notify the airline that you are canceling. Then, if cancelling for a covered
reason, call the travel protection claims department to request a claim form. To
report your claim or to check the status of your claim, the Claims Administrator
at 1-855-876-3447 use Plan Code - 201A 0112, Base Plan / 201B 0112 Base Plan Upgrade
/ 201C 0112 Rental Car Plan.
17. What happens if my flight is delayed or cancelled?
The Insurer will reimburse up to $100 per day for reasonable additional expenses
such as hotel accommodations, meals, telephone calls, and local transportation until
travel becomes possible in case the trip is delayed 12 or more consecutive hours
from the original departure time as a result of a delay of a regularly scheduled
airline flight for one of the Unforeseen events listed below:
- any Common Carrier delay
- lost or theft of your passport(s)
- travel documents, or money due to a reason not within your control;
- quarantine or natural disaster
18. Do I have coverage if my luggage does not arrive at my destination?
If your baggage is delayed for more than 24 hours upon your arrival at your
vacation destination, this plan will provide coverage for the purchase of emergency
essential items up to $100. If the Optional Upgrade is purchased, the insurer will
reimburse for the lost or stolen baggage items up to $250 - subject to a $50 deductible.
19. Does this plan cover Frequent Flyer Miles? The
value associated with Frequent Flyer Miles are not reimbursable under the plan if
you must cancel or interrupt your trip. If you cancel your trip for a covered reason,
you will only be reimbursed the money actually paid for the trip.
20. Is there coverage for a terrorist incident? Yes,
the insurance plan includes coverage for a Terrorist Act occurring in your departure
city or a city in your scheduled destination within 30 days of scheduled arrival.
Please refer to the
Description of Coverage for more details.
21. If I am not satisfied with the plan, can I cancel and receive
my insurance premium back? If you are not satisfied for any reason, you
may return your Description of Coverage within 10 days. Your plan payment will be
refunded, provided you haven’t already left on your Covered Trip and/or provided
there has been no covered expense.
22. What travel reimbursements are eligible for coverage?
Eligible reimbursements are for travel arrangements booked through this website
and do not include arrangements made outside or independently of this website.